Skillet Collards with Mushrooms & Eggs. Ingredients:
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Your choice of mushrooms – cut into thin slices (I used baby bella)
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- One large bunch of collard greens – hard stems removed, and cut into 1-inch ribbons
- 4 eggs
- Season with salt and pepper and chili pepper flakes.
- Additional toppings (optional):
- Feta cheese, goat cheese or shaved parmesan cheese
Method: Heat a 10 or 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium-high fire. Swirl in some oil to coat the skillet well. Add in mushrooms, and cook for a minute or until the mushrooms are almost tender. Stir in garlic, and cook until fragrant. Then add in the collard greens, and cook until the green begins to wilt (stir greens while cooking). Make four wells in between the greens. Crack an egg into each well. Lower the heat, cover, and let cook undisturbed for 4-5 minutes. When the eggs are cooked to your liking, remove from heat, season lightly with Sweet Ginger Sea Salt, and sprinkle generously with Aleppo Chili Pepper Flakes or Marash Chili Flakes. Top with cheese and serve.
Katherine Wolkoff- Deer Beds
What Would khaleesi Wear?
Valentin Yudashkin S/S 2014